Thursday, September 11, 2008

Some Very Serious Movie Reviews

Okay so I've been digging up my old journals again and this entry from 5th grade (1990) really cracked me up. "What I like about The Princess Bride.

This is one of the good best movies I've ever seen. It has adventure [and] excitement. Fred [Savage] is pretty funny and so is the other actor in the fire swamp [he's] good. You have to be smart and strong to survive in there. Here's a line from a actor,'Rodents of unusual size, I don't believe in that.' And right then a rat about his size jumped right on him."

What cracks me up is that my favorite actor was some lame kid with 5 minutes of screen time... and that my favorite part of the movie was the large angry muppet moment.


On to the second review "The Little Mermaid.

It's funny an adventurous. [There's] a line [I like],'You give merchildren permission, they swim all over you.' This movie you've gotta watch. Sounds babyish... naaw. I think it's just plain cool.

Suggestion. I think you should watch both movies."

Two things: I like how I'm explaining to my fellow socialites that to be into a children's movie really is cool. I also like how my goldfish of a memory is displayed here with Sebastian's memorable and now annoying quote.

Hehe.

6 comments:

Justin said...

These are some of the greatest movie reviews I have ever read. I find that Fred Savage's body of work lacks a particular credibility but do find his voice work on Oswald to be quite entertaining... especially when he calls his dog by her name... Weenie

Meridth Gimbel said...

Hehe. I knew you'd appreciate this Justin. :)

betsey said...

Excellent reviews Meridth! I think the fact that you were reviewing movies in 5th grade is pretty cool.

I just bought a little onesie for Nora from your shop! She is going to be the envy of her playgroup.

Mike, Tia & Annabelle said...

Great movies. Clearly your great taste has been intact for years!

Sharae Peterson said...

Watching kids movies isn't all that bad, oh wait that's all I watch.

Meridth Gimbel said...

Heehee. Me too actually. I I don't have any kids. :)